A Pistol Pete Loncarevich Signature Series Haro Group 1 RS-1 29 BMX, one of 1000
• Frame: 100% chromoly Group 1 RS-1 29″ Pistol frame with Mid BB shell, integrated head tube and 1988 style vintage dropouts.
• Fork: 100% chromoly 29″ Group 1 fork with internal threaded steer tube, tapered legs and 1988 style vintage dropouts.
• Handle Bar: 100% chromoly Haro Freestyler cruiser bars with Haro Lineage CNC alloy top load stem.
• Grips: Haro Team grips.
• Seat: Haro Lineage padded Pivotal seat with alloy Pivotal post, Haro Lineage alloy seat post clamp.
• Pedals: Haro “1978” plastic pedals.
• Cranks: Lineage heat treated 3-piece chromoly 48-spline 175mm cranks with Haro Team Disc 41T CNC alloy bolt drive sprocket and sealed Mid BB.
• Gears: 41/18 gearing
• Brakes: Dia-Compe “Hombre” FS996.
• Brake Lever: Promax XL-378 Two Finger
• Rims: Fully sealed wheels with Lineage high flange hubs and double-wall alloy rims.
• Tyres: Kenda Kranium tyres 29 x 2.25.
• Colour: Black / Blue.
Big wheeled BMX’s have enjoyed a significant surge in popularity in recent years and this was Haro’s first big wheeled bike, from 2019. An exact scaled up version of their original world championship winning bike that Pistol Pete rode, it is very much aimed at the perhaps older middle aged original BMX rider, who wants to relive their youth but still be able to actually manage the bike and not have to drive home after the pub! The original catalogue for the bike lists all the parts, and because it was their first one, Haro threw all their best parts (Lineage) at the bike and made it a limited edition of 1,000 bikes worldwide. Haro have since made further big wheeled bikes, even versions of this bike, yet none of the subsequent bikes have the high-end parts this first limited edition had.
Fully assembled and virtually unridden, this very rare Haro Limited Edition represents a perfect collector’s item for BMX fans all over the world. The BMX presents in near perfect condition commensurate with ultra-minimal usage and nothing other than two minuscule scratches to the front forks were acquired in storage, barely noticeable. All touch points such as the grips, pedals and seat are immaculate and all factory labels remain perfectly. The rims are pristine with labels still affixed and the tyres still have the tiny nobbles usually lost after the first few miles!
Created as a limited edition run of just 1000 bikes worldwide and dedicated to legendary BMX racer Pistol Pete (Peter Loncarevich) who competed throughout the 1980’s and first half of the 1990’s. Pistol Pete was a previous Haro Race team member and gained his nickname as was often the case from the Announcer who noted his penchant of getting out of the starting gate like a firing pistol and achieving the ‘Holeshot’, a racing term for reaching the apex of turn one first! Great fun and highly collectable.
Share this content on social media.Print this page